Steve Caporizzo’s Pet Connection
with The Animal Hospital Staff …
Partners in giving pets a second chance at life
We at The Animal Hospital are committed to helping more pets find loving homes to get a second chance at life.
View our Sponsorship of Pet Connection
- Our 4th Annual Pet Connection Adoption Day was the best ever…..more pets were adopted (150), more guests joined us for the day(over 3,000), more money was raised($10,200) and more pet food was collected (several thousand dollars worth). All to go directly to the rescue groups and shelters.
- Due to the weather related date change, several groups were understandable unable to change their schedules and could not join us. Here is a final list of the rescue groups and shelters that attended our event.
- Once again we asked our guests to bring pet food items to donate to Pet Connection. All of this food will be given to local rescue groups and shelters in need. You once again filled our 6′x10′ trailer with several thousand dollars worth of food!
- White Management restaurants Creo and Bountiful Bread, once again generously provided complimentary light fare to all attendees. As usual, the food was exceptional. Over the years, we have come to expect nothing less from these great friends!
- C.W. Whalen and Sons again donated all the tents, tables and chairs needed to make this possible. Even with the date change they accommodated us completely. As this event grows, our needs have changed and and they continue to increase our tent sizes. This year they increased the size of the main tent to a beautiful green and white 60 x100. If that was not enough, they then donated a commercial flag pole and flag to be auctioned off ($250 value) It is not an exaggeration to say without C.W. Whalen and Sons, we could not have this event!
- The Raffle/ Auction featured over 60 donated gifts from local businesses valued at over $7,000!
- Our Grand Prize raffle winner will have a day at News Center 10 and a dinner with Steve Caporizzo at Creo Restaurant with a special menu for 4!
- The Voorheesville Hannaford store donated the bottled water for all our guests.
- Maplewood Ice Company once again offered to keep us all cool with a 500 lb ice donation. When we changed the date to Sunday, we called them to see if we could pick the ice up as late as possible Sat night. Without hesitation, they offered to make a special trip to work early Sunday morning to meet us and donate the ice!
- Camp Nassau generously provided us with the use of their parking lot and allowed us to exit all traffic though to Rt. 155. This one-way pattern enables us to create an efficient and safe traffic flow.
- Camp Bow Wow has stepped up and provided 4 multi-passenger golf carts and drivers to shuttle our guests to and from their cars all day! We are very excited to have partnered with them this year to make this event the best ever.
- The Hiawatha Trails Executive Golf Course once again donated 2 golf carts for our use that day to carry fresh ice and bottled water to all our locations.
- WGNA 107.7 with Jeff Levack broadcast live on location from 9 to 11AM.
- Vinnie Leddick, an outstanding singer/songwriter headlines at the Sagamore Resort in Bolton Landing on Lake George. He is anticipating the digital release of his second Album Entitled “Heaven Help Me” near the end of July. Vinnie and his sister Michelle entertained our guests with his incredible talent from 11-3pm.
- The Animal Hospital offset the cost of each adoption by offering each adopted pet $75 in health care. Pet Connection added an additional $50 for each adopted pet to directly reduce the adoption fee.
- Hundreds of guests enjoyed a guided tour of our state of the art veterinary hospital including our laparoscopic surgical suite. The highlight of the tour was seeing one of the few remaining Golden Eagles in the State. She joined us for the day courtesy of Berkshire Bird Paradise so that our guests can learn about this endangered species. Her sad story began with extensive surgery here at The Animal Hospital 13 years ago!
- Jim Diegel provided these terrific pictures. We look forward to these every year.
- Pet Connection Adoption Day 2010
- Pet Connection Adoption Day 2011
- Pet Connection Adoption Day 2012