Steve Caporizzo’s Pet Connection Adoption Day
Sponsored by Healthy Pet Center
Sat. July 25th 10AM-2PM at The Animal Hospital
Partners in giving pets a second chance at life
We at The Animal Hospital are committed to helping more pets find loving homes to get a second chance at life.
View our TV Sponsorship of Pet Connection
- We are overwhelmed with the success of our 6th Annual Adoption Day! Each year we think that it just could not get any better and, thanks to you, it does…..over 200 pets were adopted, 3,400 guests joined us for the day, over $14,000 was raised, and 15,000 pounds of pet food was donated. All of these proceeds go directly to the rescue groups and shelters, as The Animal Hospital and our generous sponsors pay for all costs of producing this event.
- Here is a list of the 30 rescue groups and shelters that attended this year bringing hundreds of dogs and cats for adoption.
- In the past, we have asked our guests to bring pet food, new or used blankets and towels and new pet toys to donate to Pet Connection. There was a major change this year and we had the food covered. Our Sponsor, Healthy Pet Center donated 15,000 pounds of pet food!
- White Management have been our partners in this from the very beginning! Their restaurants Creo’, Bountiful Bread, and Cold Stone Creamery once again provided complimentary light fare to all attendees. The food is exceptional and over the years, we have come to expect nothing less from these great friends! Their generosity sets this event apart from all others in the area. It would simply not be the same without their support.
- C.W. Whalen and Sons again donated all the tents, tables and chairs needed to make this possible. As this event grows every year, our needs have increased dramatically. The Whalen family continues to accommodate our requirements to make this a successful day. This year, the main tent was a beautiful green and white 60 x100 structure. They also provide four massive 5 foot fans, as well as two additional state-of -the art misting stations to keep the pets and guests cool and comfortable. It is not an exaggeration to say without C.W. Whalen and Sons, we could not have this event!
- New this year was New York State Canine Association joining us for a demonstration of working dogs!
- The Raffle/ Auction featured over 60 donated gifts from local businesses valued at over $9,000! Here is a list of the businesses that make this event possible.
- Our Grand Prize raffle winner will have a day at News Center 10 and a dinner with Steve Caporizzo at Creo Restaurant with a special menu for 4!
- Linda Mulson of Worthington Flowers created a unique flower arrangement to grace all of our tables.
- Maplewood Ice Company renewed their generous offer to keep us all cool with a 750 lb ice donation.
- Camp Nassau, our wonderful neighbors, again provided us with the use of their parking lot, which allowed our guests to exit directly though to Rt. 155. This one-way pattern enables us to create an efficient and safe traffic flow.
- Camp Bow Wow stepped up again and provided 3 multi-passenger golf carts and drivers to shuttle our guests to and from their cars all day! Their new facility is now open! We are very excited to have partnered with them again this year to make this event the best ever.
- The Hiawatha Trails Executive Golf Course continued their support and again donated 2 golf carts for our use that day. They also added a generous donation to our raffle to enjoy their beautiful course.
- FastSigns of Colonie created beautiful road signs to help guide guests to our location.
- The Stewart’s Shop on Rt 155 once again helped with all the cups needed at our cold beverage station.
- Vinnie Leddick, an outstanding singer/songwriter headlines at the Sagamore Resort in Bolton Landing on Lake George. He has released his second Album Entitled “Heaven Help Me”. Vinnie, his sister Michelle and their group Juxtapoze entertained our guests with their incredible talent from 10-2pm.
- The Voorheesville Hannaford store has once again donated a portion of the bottled water for all our guests.
- The Animal Hospital offset the cost of each adoption by offering each adopted pet $75 in health care. Pet Connection added an additional $50 for each adopted pet to directly reduce the adoption fee.
- There was a guided tour of our state of the art veterinary hospital including our laparoscopic surgical suite. The highlight of the tour is seeing one of the few remaining Golden Eagles in the State. She joins us for the day courtesy of Berkshire Bird Paradise, allowing our guests to learn about this endangered species. Her sad story began with extensive surgery here at The Animal Hospital 16 years ago!
- A special thanks to Larry Waimon who flew a helicopter from Queensbury last year to take some amazing aerial photographs including the one featured at the top of this page.
- Lastly, we would like to thank our staff and volunteers who work tirelessly to make this special event happen.
- Pet Connection Adoption Day 2010
- Pet Connection Adoption Day 2011
- Pet Connection Adoption Day 2012
- Pet Connection Adoption Day 2013
- Pet Connection Adoption Day 2014