Steve Caporizzo’s Pet Connection
with The Animal Hospital Staff …
Partners in giving pets a second chance at life
We at The Animal Hospital are committed to helping more pets find loving homes to get a second chance at life.
View our Sponsorship of Pet Connection
- Thanks to you, our annual Pet Connection Adoption Day has gotten better every year….. more pets were adopted , more guests joined us for the day, more money was raised, and more pet food was collected. All of these proceeds go directly to the rescue groups and shelters. The final numbers are: 2500+ guests and 26 rescue groups and shelters attended. Over 150 pets were adopted and we raised over $9,100 all in 4 hours!.
- Here is a list of the rescue groups and shelters that attended.
- Once again we asked our guests to bring pet food items to donate to Pet Connection. They didn’t let us down! In addition to 2000 pounds of food, blankets and bedding were also abundantly donated as well. All of this will be given to local rescue groups and shelters in need.
- White Management restaurants Creo, Bountiful Bread, and Cold Stone Creamery generously provided complimentary light fare to all attendees. The food was exceptional and over the years, we have come to expect nothing less from these great friends!
- C.W. Whalen and Sons again donated all the tents, tables and chairs needed to make this possible. As this event grows every year, our needs have changed. The Whalen family continues to accommodate our requirements to make this a successful event. This year, the main tent was a beautiful yellow and white 60 x100 structure. They also loaned us two massive 5 foot fans, as well as two additional state-of -the art misting stations to keep the pets cool and comfortable. It is not an exaggeration to say without C.W. Whalen and Sons, we could not have this event!
- The Raffle/ Auction featured over 60 donated gifts from local businesses valued at over $9,000! A special thanks to The Sagamore Resort for their generous donation of silent auction items. Here is a list of the 80 businesses that donated to make this event possible.
- Our Grand Prize raffle winner will have a day at News Center 10 and a dinner with Steve Caporizzo at Creo Restaurant with a special menu for 4!
- Price Chopper in Guilderland generously donated beautiful flowers to grace all of our tables.
- Maplewood Ice Company renewed their generous offer to keep us all cool with a 700 lb ice donation.
- Camp Nassau, our wonderful neighbors, provided us with the use of their parking lot, which allowed our guests to exit directly though to Rt. 155. This one-way pattern enabled us to create an efficient and safe traffic flow.
- Camp Bow Wow stepped up again and provided 3 multi-passenger golf carts and drivers to shuttle our guests to and from their cars all day! Their new facility will open this Summer! We are very excited to have partnered with them again this year to make this event the best ever.
- The Hiawatha Trails Executive Golf Course again donated 2 golf carts for our use that day.
- FastSigns of Colonie donated beautiful road signs to help guide guests to our location.
- The Stewart’s Shop on Rt 155 once again donated all the cups needed at our cold beverage station.
- Frito-Lay gave us 1500 individual bags of chips and snacks.
- Vinnie Leddick, an outstanding singer/songwriter headlines at the Sagamore Resort in Bolton Landing on Lake George. He has released his second Album Entitled “Heaven Help Me”. Vinnie and his sister Michelle entertained our guests with their incredible talent from 10-2pm.
- The Voorheesville Hannaford store has once again donated a portion of the bottled water for all our guests.
- WGNA with Jeff Levack broadcast live on location from 8-10 AM
- The Animal Hospital offset the cost of each adoption by offering each adopted pet $75 in health care. Pet Connection added an additional $50 for each adopted pet to directly reduce the adoption fee.
- Hundreds of guests enjoyed a guided tour of our state of the art veterinary hospital including our laparoscopic surgical suite. The highlight of the tour was seeing one of the few remaining Golden Eagles in the State. She joined us for the day courtesy of Berkshire Bird Paradise, allowing our guests to learn about this endangered species. Her sad story began with extensive surgery here at The Animal Hospital 14 years ago!
- A special thanks to Larry Waimon who flew a helicopter from Queensbury to take some amazing aerial photographs including the one featured at the top of this page.
- Pet Connection Adoption Day 2010
- Pet Connection Adoption Day 2011
- Pet Connection Adoption Day 2012
- Pet Connection Adoption Day 2013