Steve Caporizzo’s Pet Connection Adoption Day
Sponsored by Healthy Pet Center
Sat. July 23rd 9AM-2PM at The Animal Hospital
Partners in giving pets a second chance at life
We at The Animal Hospital are committed to helping more pets find loving homes to get a second chance at life.
View our TV Sponsorship of Pet Connection
- We are, once again, overwhelmed with the success of our 7th Annual Adoption Day. Knowing it was going to be a hot day, we added additional wading pools, fans and misting stations to keep our pets and guests comfortable Each year we think that it just could not get any better and, thanks to you, it does…..over 200 pets were adopted, over 2,000 guests joined us for the day, over $20,000 was raised, and several thousand pounds of pet food was donated. All of these proceeds go directly to the rescue groups and shelters, as The Animal Hospital and our generous sponsors pay for all costs of producing this event.
- Here is a list of the rescue groups and shelters that attended this year, bringing hundreds of dogs and cats for adoption.
- We asked our guests to bring pet food, new or used blankets and towels, and new pet toys to donate to Pet Connection. You did not disappoint us! We dispersed all these to the groups attending our event. Our Sponsor, Healthy Pet Center also donated many pet related items.
- White Management have been our partners in this from the very beginning! Their restaurants Bountiful Bread, and Cold Stone Creamery once again provided complimentary light fare to all attendees. The food was exceptional and over the years, we have come to expect nothing less from these great friends! Their generosity sets this event apart from all others in the area. It would simply not be the same without their support.
- C.W. Whalen and Sons again donated all the tents, tables and chairs needed to make this possible. As this event grows every year, our needs have increased dramatically. The Whalen family continues to accommodate our requirements to make this a successful day. This year, the main tent was a beautiful green and white 60 x 100 structure. We knew it was going to be a hot day so they also provided four massive 5 foot fans, as well as three additional state-of -the art misting stations to keep the pets and guests cool and comfortable. It is not an exaggeration to say without C.W. Whalen and Sons, we could not have this event!
- The Raffle/ Auction featured over 60 donated gifts from local businesses. Here is a list of the businesses and friends that made this event possible.
- Our Grand Prize raffle winner enjoyed a day at News 10 and a dinner with Steve Caporizzo.
- Linda Mulson of Worthington Flowers created a unique flower arrangement to grace all of our tables.
- Camp Nassau, our wonderful neighbors, again provided us with the use of their parking lot, which allows our guests to exit directly though to Rt. 155. This one-way pattern enables us to create an efficient and safe traffic flow.
- Camp Bow Wow stepped up again with 3 multi-passenger golf carts and drivers to shuttle our guests to and from their cars all day! Their new facility is now open! We are very excited to have partnered with them again this year to make this event the best ever.
- The Hiawatha Trails Executive Golf Course continued their support and again donated 2 golf carts for our use that day. They also added a generous donation to our raffle to enjoy their beautiful course.
- FastSigns of Colonie created beautiful road signs to help guide guests to our location.
- Maplewood Ice Co from Queensbury donated over 750 pounds of ice again this year to help keep all our guests comfortable.
- The Stewart’s Shop on Rt 155 once again helps with all the cups needed for our cold beverage station.
- Vinnie Leddick, an outstanding singer/songwriter headlines at the Sagamore Resort in Bolton Landing on Lake George. He has released his second Album Entitled “Heaven Help Me”. Vinnie, along with his sister Michelle and their group Juxtapoze entertained our guests with incredible talent. They set the mood for the entire event!
- The Voorheesville Hannaford store once again donated a portion of the 3,000 bottled waters, which were provided free to all our guests.
- The Animal Hospital offsets the cost of each adoption by offering each adopted pet $75 in health care. Pet Connection adds an additional $50 for each adopted pet, which directly reduces the adoption fee.
- There was a guided tour of our state of the art veterinary hospital including our laparoscopic surgical suite. The highlight of the tour was seeing one of the few remaining Golden Eagles in the State. She joined us for the day courtesy of Berkshire Bird Paradise, allowing our guests to learn about this endangered species. Her sad story began with extensive surgery here at The Animal Hospital 17 years ago!
- A special thanks to Larry Waimon who flew a helicopter from Queensbury several years ago to take some amazing aerial photographs of our event. These included the photo featured at the top of this page.
- Last, but certainly not least,we would like to thank our entire staff and volunteers who work tirelessly to make this special event happen.